To book a trip with Brock, please contact Dave Schueck at 612-770-0495 or Dave@SunsetGlowGuideService.com
- Boat: Tuffy Osprey 2060 or Skeeter TZX 190 Bass Boat
- Guide for Sunset Glow Guide Service
- Multispecies fishing guide, primarily on Lake Vermilion, Shagawa Lake, and waters of southwest Wisconsin
- Fly fishing specialist
- 4+ years fishing college bass tournaments in multiple states
- 1 win
- 7 years fishing local multispecies tournaments in Minneapolis / St. Paul area
- 10 wins
- Many hours of volunteering (see below)
- Sponsors: Temple Fork Outfitters
- Social Media:
- Instagram: @basslegends
- YouTube: @basslegends
In his own words…
Much like my Dad, I have been fishing since I could hold a fishing pole. I learned how to cast at age 2 in the backyard of our first house. We took many family fishing trips of which I have fond memories. Like the first walleye I caught at 2 years old which my grandfather insisted on getting mounted (it would have been a good eater). Like the first trout I landed in a stream in southeast Minnesota and the first muskie I landed on a Twin Cities lake before I was 10.
I have always been fond of the water, learning how to swim at a very early age and then becoming a lifeguard, swim instructor, and certified scuba diver. As I got older, my competitive spirit grew and I began competing in local adult fishing tournaments while still in high school. When my Dad formed the Lakeville Fishing Team for the high school, I became very involved with their activities and tournaments. I competed in over a dozen high school bass tournaments, placing well in several of them. I am also a two-time State High School Muskie Tournament angler on Lake Vermilion and finished 2nd place in one of those tournaments. Lake Vermilion quickly became my favorite lake to fish.
My Dad introduced me to fly fishing when I was a teenager and it has become my passion! I have caught many species on the fly, including aggressive Peacock Bass in the Amazon jungle and hard-fighting Smallmouth on Lake Vermilion. But, there is nothing like the adrenaline rush of catching a muskie on the fly. I’d love to share that passion with you and make a memory you’ll never forget.
When I’m not guiding on beautiful Lake Vermilion, I am studying Mechanical Engineering at the University of Wisconsin – Platteville. And, you guessed it, I am a member of their Bass Fishing Team and Fly-Fishing Club.
Over the past 10 years, Brock has volunteered many hours of his time to organizations and initiatives. Here is a sampling of his involvement.
- Boy Scouts of America – provide indoor and outdoor fly fishing instruction for youth to acquire merit badge
- Feed My Starving Children – pack meals
- Lakeville Fishing Team – volunteer boat captain
- Lakeville Parks & Recreation – drill holes and measure fish at Youth Ice Fishing Contest
- The Open Door – assist shoppers at local food shelf
- UW-Platteville Continuing Education Institute – guest speaker for the Learn Fly Fishing series