Captain Dave Schueck, 612-770-0495, Dave@SunsetGlowGuideService.com
- Boat: Alumacraft T-Pro 195 (MN) or Skeeter TZX 190 Bass Boat (FL)
- Owner and chief guide for Sunset Glow Guide Service
- Multispecies fishing guide, primarily at Lake Vermilion, Lake of the Woods, and Florida
- U.S. Coast Guard certified with Assistance Towing endorsement
- CPR and First Aid certified
- 20+ years fishing local multispecies tournaments in Minneapolis – St. Paul area
- 50+ wins
- Significant coaching experience, especially for youth fishing and youth shooting sports
- Significant public speaking experience
- Previously head coach for Lakeville Fishing Team
- Tournament Director for Minnesota State High School Muskie Championship
- Tournament Director for Minnesota Youth Muskie Tournament Trail
- Tournament Director for LaCanne’s Marine Family Fishing Tournament
- President of Youth Heritage Outdoors, a non-profit that educates the youth of America on outdoor sporting activities, including but not limited to, fishing, hunting, shooting sports, and archery
- Owner of Sunset Glow Outdoors
- Countless hours of volunteering (see below)
- Field tester for Irish Setter Boots
- Pro Staff and Seminar Speaker at White Eagle Resort
- Pro Staff and Seminar Speaker at Everett Bay Lodge
- Sponsors/Pro Staff: LaCanne’s Marine, JT Outdoor Products, Swagger Tackle
- Social Media:
In his own words…
My love of fishing began at a very early age. Luckily, I had parents who fished and instilled a love of the sport throughout my childhood. I grew up fishing bass, pickerel, panfish, trout, and catfish, with quite a few saltwater fishing trips thrown in the mix too. After college and a couple years in the workforce, I moved to Minnesota and have enjoyed the vast fishing and hunting opportunities.
Throughout my fishing career and tournament participation, I have developed a love-affair with all types of fish. That is why I am a multispecies fishing guide, offering guide trips for walleye, muskie, bass, pike, and panfish. So far, I have caught 70+ species of fish in my lifetime (freshwater & saltwater), which I believe helps you become a better angler. Through hard work and planning, my fishing adventures have reached from the pristine streams of Pennsylvania to the rich lakes of Minnesota and Canada to breathtaking mountain rivers in the Swiss Alps and the wild jungle of the Amazon.
Not only do I have a passion for fishing, but I enjoy teaching it to youth. Toward that end, I founded the Lakeville Fishing Team with a couple of students to provide year-long fishing education, conservation, and tournaments for middle school and high school students. I also founded Youth Heritage Outdoors, which is a non-profit dedicated to educating the youth of America on outdoor sporting activities, including all types of fishing activities.
I previously partnered with Alumacraft Boat Company and served as a Youth/Brand Ambassador. I helped launch and develop new fishing teams, as well as evaluated potential partnerships to provide youth fishing opportunities nationwide. Alumacraft’s motto is “Families. Fishing. Forever.” – which embodies the spirit of my involvement with youth for many years.
I launched Sunset Glow Guide Service to share and teach my passion and hopefully provide you with some great memories along the way. I believe in families, youth, and lifelong passions like fishing, hunting, and outdoor activities that warm your soul and enlighten your day. Lake Vermilion is my home and guiding base whenever there is open water in Minnesota, but I also offer trips to Lake of the Woods which is another favorite of mine. I look forward to spending a day on the water with you!
Over the past 20 years, Dave has volunteered countless hours of his time to many organizations and initiatives. Here is a sampling of his involvement.
- Bass Pro Shops & Cabela’s School of Fish – assist with fishing education
- Feed My Starving Children – pack meals
- Fishing for Life – volunteer boat captain and provide fishing instruction
- LaCanne’s Marine Family Fishing Tournament – Tournament Director
- Lakeville – participate in watershed cleanup days in celebration of Earth Day
- Lakeville Fishing Team – Head Coach, Board of Directors, Corporate Vice President, volunteer boat captain
- Lakeville Parks & Recreation – drill holes and measure fish at Youth Ice Fishing Contest; provide fishing instruction at Youth Shore Fishing Contest
- Lakeville Youth Soccer – Asst. Coach
- Lakeville South Clay Target Team – Asst. Head Coach, Board of Directors, Corporate Secretary, Range Safety Officer
- Minnesota Outdoor Adventure Foundation – assist with fundraising efforts at annual banquet
- Minnesota State High School Muskie Championship – Tournament Director
- Minnesota Youth Muskie Tournament Trail – Tournament Director
- MN Valley In-Fisherman Club – seminar speaker and served food at annual fish fry fundraiser
- The Open Door – assist shoppers at local food shelf
- Twin Cities Trout Unlimited – assist with stream restoration, shoreline improvement, and delivery of eggs for Trout in the Classroom